Tuesday 29 November 2016

Spoonflower

Not too long ago I ordered a pattern from Sprout, which I plan on posting about soon.  But after it arrived I placed an order with it's companion site, Spoonflower.  They were having a buy one, get one half off sale on FQs so I randomly selected a bunch I liked.



Spoonflower is a really awesome concept.  They offer custom fabric printing.  Basically you can chose any design on the site (or design and upload your own!) and have it printed on one of 20 different fabrics from wovens to knits to fleeces and canvas.

I ordered some designs already available on the site, but I did upload one of my own to give it a test and I'll follow up with that, later!

It takes a while for your order to process, which is understandable.  Each design needs to be print on each separate fabric you ordered.  It seems daunting, but my order arrived in about three weeks, all the way here.  I ordered on 7 November, it shipped on 17 November, and arrived yesterday 28 November (which is a little longer shipping wise than usual, but it's the holidays).   The prices are a little on the high side, but considering you're ordering 100% custom fabric it's well worth it.

The site is ridiculously inspiring.  There are so many prints to chose from, but also panels!  There are some amazing designers who create single FQ panels of ornaments and stocking and plushies and coin purses and little dolls!  I ordered this little doll to make for Christmas.
These are some other panels they have!



πŸ™ Before my order even shipped I went back and ordered a full yard of the one dark octopus fabric because I have something curious in mind for it.

Another amazing thing is that there is a coordinating line of fabrics that match some Urban Threads embroidery design!

Also included was a swatch of another fabric type, which I thought was really very handy as I am still new to all the different sorts!

They recently had a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (πŸ’₯it's been extended through today!!!πŸ’₯) as well and I ordered four more full yards of fabrics in various prints and bases, including knit and satin!  I'm so excited.