Friday 18 November 2016

Near and Deer

I've really been enjoying my embroidery machine!  I had originally got it on a whim, with the idea of launching a second business, which while still an option, isn't going to happen any time soon.

Rambling around IG I ran across a company called Urban Threads which creates 'alternative' themed embroidery art and designs that are perfectly amazing.

They recently had a 'buy one, get one half off' sale and I admit to going overboard.  One of the designs I purchased was this gorgeous deer.

I wasn't sure what I would do with it, it was just pretty.  I ended up pairing it with some rustic cotton prints that I wouldn't normally use in this 241 Tote from Noodlehead.


 I embroidered on Flax Essex Linen in a brown variegated thread from Aurafil (4671) and accented with cotton prints from the Moose Lodge collection by Henry Glass.

 The pattern is for an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate sewer, which I didn't realize until I brought the link over just now.  I managed it quite well!  The curved inset pockets fit in beautifully with no puckers or issues!

The most challenging part was lining up the design.  I embroidered it on a piece of linen and then traced the pattern out flat and then fussed with it to get it placed on the front like I wanted.  It's not quite centered horizontally because the antlers make it quite tall.

Overall I am very pleased with it!  It's not my usual style, but it's very cute.