Sunday 11 December 2016

Dolls and Daydreams


During their Black Friday sale, I ordered several patterns from Dolls and Daydreams.

Dolls and Daydreams specialize in Fun & Easy Step by Step Photo Tutorial Patterns so that even a beginner sewer will be able to make Dolls, Softies and Doll Clothes just like mine on a Sewing or Embroidery Machine!
 You can either get a regular sewing pattern or a pattern files specifically to be used in an embroidery machine.

I wasn't sure which to try first.  While I'm sure I probably could easily manage a sewing pattern, for some reason I bought all machine embroidery files which at first glance look complicated as all heck.

Each pattern comes as a digital download including files and an instruction PDF.  I read over the PDF of the patterns I purchased a few times before I decided to make the Reindeer first.

This is an ITH (In The Hoop) embroidery project, meaning the whole thing is made with the embroidery machine.  I sat down to find fabrics for it and realized I had almost no Christmas prints, so we pulled together a little something shabby chic.  I used regular quilting cotton as the body instead of a fleece or a minky and it turned out great.  I still just need to sew up her little body and find her a ribbon for her neck.

 In all, it took me about 30 minutes of work.  I had to stop a few times to reread the instructions, but not counting that, it was a very quick project.  I don't have much felt on hand to have coordinated the antlers better, but I think it looks pretty cute!